Ms. Cynthia Manning

Recruiter, Human Resources Department
865-974-1322
cmanni11@utk.edu

Profile Photo of Cynthia Manning

Hometown? I was born and raised here in Knoxville, Tennessee.  

What brought you to UT? I came to UT in 2012 after searching for employment when my grant-funded position at Pellissippi State ended in 2011.

What is your favorite book or current reading? I am an avid reader and enjoy books that inspire, intrigue, empower and encourage. I use my Kindle often to read some of my favorite authors like Vanessa Miller and Joyce Meyer, but I’m currently turning pages of a real book by Angela Benson entitled Delilah’s Daughters.

What is the best advice you have ever received? The best advice I have received was to treat others the way you want to be treated because you never know when you may need them on this journey called life.

Who has had the biggest influence on your life and why has that person played such an influential role? Several people have been influential in my life and development, so it would be hard to pinpoint just one person but watching my mom’s life has been inspirational— she always sees the good in people no matter their background or stage in life.

What is one thing you would like people to know about you? The one thing people may not know about me is that I am an aspiring writer!

What are top three items on your bucket list? As you may imagine, the top three things on my bucket list include: 1) publish at least one book; 2) visit Paris, France; and 3) go to a Broadway musical in New York.

What is favorite location on campus? UT has a beautiful campus and I enjoy walking the track and areas around “the Hill’.