Ms. Heather Erwin

Assistant DirectorPhoto of Heather Ervin
Football Operations

Hometown:  Sweetwater, Tennessee

What brought you to UT? My mother had a debilitating stroke and I decided to pursue my career in athletic administration closer to home. I was fortunate to be hired in September 2001 in athletics.

What is your favorite book or current reading? I enjoy reading leadership books. I just finished reading “Lean In “    by Sheryl Sandberg and another one of my favorites is “Playbook for     Success” by Nancy Lieberman Klein.

What is the best advice you have ever received? To treat everyone the same regardless of ethnicity, race, gender, or social status. Stay humble and grateful for all that is given to you.

Who has had the biggest influence on your life and why has that person played such an influential role? My mother and grandmother- My mother is a “true fighter” she has survived four strokes but never doubted her faith. She taught me to use Philippians 4:13 as my foundation. My grandmother taught me the value family and taking advantage of   the opportunities that African Americans have today. True sincere   appreciation of my lineage.

What is one thing you would like people to know about you? People would probably be shocked to know that I love to bass fish! 

What are the top three items on your bucket list? Spontaneous traveling with my husband, run a marathon, have lunch with Maya Angelou. 

What is your favorite location on campus? Black Cultural Center