Dr. Ronald McFadden

Director,Photo of Dr. McFadden
Educational Advancement Program
(Student Support Services)

865-974-7900
mcfadden@utk.edu

Hometown - Harlem, New York, New York

What brought you to UT? I was searching for an opportunity to work with disadvantaged students.

What is your favorite book you have read or are currently reading? Black Athena by Martin Bernal

What is the best advice you have ever received? Listen before you talk, period.

Who has had the biggest influence on your life and why has that person played such an influential role? Lillian McFadden, my mother, who kept a fragile family together despite an environment filled with poverty, drugs, and gangs.

What is one thing you would like people to know about you? I once sang second tenor with Little Anthony and the Imperials, and I once worshipped with Jim Jones and the Peoples Temple.

What are the top three items on your bucket list? I don’t believe in a bucket list.  There are many places that I wish I had the resources to visit –Oldouvai Gorge , Cape town, Shanghai,   Dubai, the Great Wall of China.

What is your favorite location on campus? The view from the 6th floor conference room in the library.